Periodontics is the dental specialty targeting completely on the inflammatory disease that destroys the gums and other supporting structures around the teeth. The supporting tissues are known as the periodontium, which consists of gingiva, alveolar bone, cementum, and the periodontal ligament. Periodontists treat cases ranging from mild gingivitis to more severe periodontitis, such as scaling and root planning, root surface debridement, and regenerative procedures. Periodontists can also perform surgical procedures for patients gum disease.
- Track 1-1 Gingival and Periodontal Diseases
- Track 2-2 Diagnostic Methods
- Track 3-3 Non Surgical and Surgical Procedures
- Track 4-4 Peri-Implantitis
- Track 5-5 Regenerative Procedures